Mazaika image mosaic software versions:
v.3.7 23 May 2012:
- New Mosaic Mask screen with new functions for a fine control of rendering sequence.
- Selection of a rectangle region by entering the selection dimensions.
- Exporting not used library records into a new library.
- Interface improvements.
If your are registerd user of the Mazaika you may download this version as was described in the message that was sent to you along with your registration keys.
v.3.5 20 Dec 2010:
- New Preview tile screen allows you manually crop or edit cell images.
- Interface improvements.
v.3.4 28 Apr 2010:
- New Library dialogue allows so select multiple root folders.
- Few interface improvements.
v.3.3 02 Apr 2009:
- Open/Save dialogue boxes with Project/Library preview.
- Improved Forced library option. It's much faster now.
- New rendering option Use All Pics.
v.3.2 23 Jul 2008:
- Saving as Photoshop Large Document Format (*.psb) added.
It is a new Adobe Photoshop (R) file format for very large images.
- Saving a large mosaic as a collated pages sequence.
v.3.1 28 Apr 2007:
- Mosaic Mask Tool allows you to render only selected regions.
You may use the Mosaic Mask Tool to replace only selected
cells with tile images (both in normal rendering and forced
- MS Windows Vista (R) compatible Context help system.
v.3.0 05 Oct 2006:
- Real time color correction and blending in the main screen.
- Improved Forced Library feature.
Now you may select an area of the mosaic where you want to insert forced tiles. Just select the area in the main screen by mouse drag over the image before pressing "Replace all" button in "Forced Library" screen. If "Inv select" checker in the main screen is "ON" forced tiles will be inserted outside of the selection area.
- Statistic of different tile images used in mosaic.
Simple look at the bottom right status bar in the main window while render process is running.
- An option to open mosaic image after saving.
If this option is active - you will be prompt to open saved mosaic image with your default image viewer application.
- Short summary of last used settings.
If you select from "Menu - Mosaic - Last Mosaic Info...". You will see information about last processed mosaic. (The option is active after the rendering process)
- New speed buttons.
For easy control zoomed view of mosaic in the main screen.
When you will select "Enhance" radio button and enter Color correction and Blending percent in the textboxes you'll see the corrected mosaic.
v. 2.7 05 Apr 2006:
- Option to Correct Tile Colors.
Quite subtle and very effective method to improve
the final output especially when mosaic was made
using limited count of tiles in the library.
- Option to Sharpen Tiles in mosaic.
It will give you much sharper mosaic tiles.
- New save procedure allows you to save a really huge files.
It was tested to save 10Gb and more .tif or .bmp files.
v. 2.4 17 Sep 2004:
- Library Inspector screen added.
- Option to add pictures to an existing library.
- Option to remove pictures from an existing library.
v. 2.3 (beta) 28 Apr 2004:
- Option to stretch tiles.
- Option to use flipped tiles.
- Right click popup menu to view original tile image.
- Right click popup to show candidates for current cell.
- Option to use faster open/resize alghorithm for jpeg files.
- Batch mosaic process for all images in the folder.
v. 2.1 14 Jan 2004:
- Context help system added.
To activate it press F1 key while the program running.
- Forced library option.
I.e. option to place all tiles from the specific library into mosaic in the best suited position. The rest of the tiles could be rendered with tiles from the other collections.
v. 2.0 18 Dec 2003:
Mazaika was completely rewrited using fast low level procedures.
- It's in 20 times faster than Mazaika v.1.x
- It could adjust not only distance between images, but also could count how many times any given image could be used.
- It could easy zoom in/out view of the mosaic. (use "Ctrl"-"+" / "Ctrl"-"-" keys)
- It could blend mosaic tiles with original image i.e. modify color of tiles according it's place in the mosaic. (sometimes it could be the only way to make mosaic looks good)
- Use only selected area of the source image for mosaic;
- Render and save only selected area of mosaic;
- Render in "random" order;
- TWAIN scanner support for source images;
- Custom sampling resolution;
- Add borders and grid lines to the saved mosaic;
- Save mosaic as sequence of images;
- Save mosaic as clickable html table;
v. 1.6 21 Jul 2003:
- Wizard type interface:
- Step by step guide for all common tasks.
- Creation of new tile library.
- Creation of mosaic.
- Saving mosaic as a file.
- Recent used files menu:
- Open recent used source images and tile librarys.
- Custom cropping adjustments for tile library:
There is an option to crop to leave the top, middle or bottom of the portrait images. You could sort images that have the "important" part in the top, middle or bottom into separate folders and import them in separate passes. (Please note - there is no actual cropping of your original files. Cropped areas are only sampled and indexed into a Mazaika picture database. There is no modifications of your original images!)
- Save as TIFF file format:
Save your mosaics to the most common used desktop
publishing file format.
- Reconstitute mode:
Reopen already rendered Mazaika project file (*.mzp) reconstitute mosaic and manually modify it.
v. 1.5 14 Jan 2003:
- Custom tile - insert a specific custom image into ready mosaic.
- Minor interface changes.
v. 1.4 09 Dec 2002:
- Resample tiles - tile image files could be resampled for best quality.
- Use disk (no RAM) - use direct writing bmp file to disk.
- Prev (<<) and Next (>>) buttons in "Manual render" mode added.
v. 1.3 20 Sep 2002:
- Two more tile search methodes optimized for average tile collection size.
- Tile library creation function was rewrited for faster perfomance.
- Batch mosaic. Converts all *.jpg images in folder to mosaic.
- Coloring tiles in output mosaic.
- Easy mosaic size calculation regarding output file resolution.
- Auto conversion of tile librarys files *.mzb to newest version.
v. 1.2 06 Mar 2002:
- Smart render mode.
- No repeat names setting.
- Save mosaic as "Delimited text",MS Excel worksheet, DBF database.
- Render MZP to big BMP file.
v. 1.1 20 Nov 2001:
- Minor bug fixed.
v. 1.0 28 May 2001:
- First release.
- 6 x 6 sampling matrix.
v. 0.0 June 2000:
- First working version.
- 4 x 4 sampling matrix.