Mazaika - the image mosaic program.
Mazaika is a photo mosaic tool. It can create pictures made of other pictures.
How Mazaika works:
Every region of the source image is replaced with some image from a collection, that most closely resembles the original image. When searching for an appropriate image Mazaika considers not only the overall color of the source image part but also takes into account the inner color and the brightness distribution within.
The more pictures in your collection - the more accurate the match. The more different colors and brightnesses in the pictures in the collection - the more accurate the match. In the gallery section you can see some source pictures rendered with different collections.
There is a dog photo rendered three times with three collections. The one from the collection of 5000 animal photos seems best. It is very subjective, but the dog made from a collection of 2000 beer bottle labels seems good too. The third dog - made from a collection of 7000 windows icons (bigger than two above) - seems slightly weak and dull. Nevertheless, the face of pin-up girl made of small a collection of 1700 windows icons is very pleasant.
It appears that not every image can be rendered with every collection. Good results can be reached even with collections of under 1000 pictures. You can see the samples in gallery 2.
Obviously the more cells (tiles) in source the picture - the more detailed the mosaic will be. 1000 - 2000 tiles is usually enough. My experiments with less than 1000 tiles can be viewed in gallery 2
Mazaika can consider small parts of the tile pictures to make up detailed parts of the larger picture. This means that two or more tiles may work together to correctly represent a section of the big picture.
Mazaika is the only photo mosaic program that allows you manualy change single tiles if you don't like them.
See large, highly detailed pictures created with Mazaika in the gallery section.
Mazaika's screenshots and Video
Mazaika for MS Windows screenshots
Mazaika for Mac OS X screenshots
Please see more video tutorials at our help page.
- Real time color correction and blending in the main screen.
- Option to Correct Tile Colors.
- Option to Sharpen Tiles in mosaic.
- Allows you to save a really huge files up to 100Gb and more.
- Context help system.
- Wizard type interface.
- Zoom in/out view of the mosaic.
- Right click popup to show candidates for current cell.
- Right click popup menu to view original tile image.
- Smart rendering mode to fill key image areas first.
- Manual rendering mode to change single tiles if you don't like them.
- Repetition tiles count control.
- Use All Pics rendering option.
- Tile resampling for best output quality.
- Optional blend tiles with original image.
- Custom cropping adjustments for tile library.
- Custom sampling resolution.
- Forced library option.
- Batch mosaic process for all images in the folder.
- Library Inspector screen.
- Options to add/remove pictures from an existing library.
- Options to use flipped tiles.
- Option to stretch tiles.
- Render and save only selected area of mosaic.
- Add borders and grid lines to the saved mosaic.
- Save mosaic as jpg, tiff or bmp file formats.
- Save mosaic as sequence of images.
- Save mosaic as clickable html table.
- Fast open/resize alghorithm for jpeg files.
- Direct disk writing for large tiff/bmp output files.
- TWAIN scanner support for source images.
- Recent used files menu.
- View Online Mazaika Help pages.
View Mazaika versions history.
download a free 30 day trial version of Mazaika here. Following the test period of 30 days or less, if you wish to continue to use Mazaika, you must purchase it.
Main technical specifications of Mazaika:
|Parameter||Mazaika trial||Mazaika full|
|Picture database size:||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Mosaic resolution:||Unlimited||Unlimited||Tiles height/width ratio:||3/4; 4/3; 4/4||Any|
|Max tile size:||32x32||Unlimited|
|Max output size:||2500x2500 pixel||Unlimited *|
|Input file formats:||jpg, gif, bmp, ico, pcx, tif & etc||jpg, gif, bmp, ico, pcx, tif & etc|
|Output file formats:||jpg||
tif, jpg, bmp, txt, html, psb
|Render saved projects:||No||Yes **|
|Price: ***||Free 30 days trial;||
MS Windows version
Mazaika for MS Windows is a native Windows program designed to run on MS Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/8.
Minimum system requirements: P133, 32 RAM, 10 Mb on HDD (not taking into account pictures and picture databases). Rendering of 1000 tile picture with a 5000 picture collection usually takes less then one minute (depending on system performance, RAM installed, quality and quantity of pictures)
Mac OS X version
Mazaika for Mac OS X is a native Mac OS X application designed to run on Mac OS X version 10.4 or later. (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
Minimum system requirements: Apple Mac computer running Mac OS X version 10.4 or later. Mazaika for Mac OS X is an Universal Binary application and can be run at 32 or 64 bit mode on both Intel and PPC processor based computers.
|For Linux users:||Mazaika was tested to work with Linux through Crossover (WINE).|
* Very big images (bigger than 25,000x25,000) could be rendered in two or more parts
** Full version can make high resolution renderings of files saved in the lite version.
*** All parameters (price including) could be changed.
Maximum tested libray: 500,000 (i.e. half of million!) photos.
Maximum tested mosaic size: 800 tiles width and 600 tiles tall. It is 480,000 cells.
Maximum tested single image file export: 157,500 x 210,000 pixels image saved into *.psb Large Photoshop document file format. File size is about 90 Gb. It is 33 Gigapixels image.
Mazaika is available as a "try before you buy" program. If you want to keep it longer that 30 days, you must buy a Mazaika Full license.
If you buy Mazaika Full you can create large high resolution mosaics suitable for poster size prints.
|Buy online:||Purchase Mazaika Full version online!|